Foundation Portfolio - Creating a Film Opening Sequence - Brief
For my AS Media coursework I am going to be making the opening sequence of a film from a genre of my choice. My opening sequence will include titles and production company logos, and will be around two minutes long.
Before I decide what genre I’m going to do I will start some research and planning into different types of opening sequences, looking at opening scenes from a wide variety of different genres. This will help me in deciding which genre I want to work in, but more crucially it will allow me to see any consistent conventions of opening scenes that recur regardless of the genre the film belongs to.
I will be posting my research and planning on different blog posts, which will eventually also include research into idents, titles, fonts and typical film language used in the genre I choose.
In the next few posts I will be analysing numerous opening scenes from an array of genres. From there I will outline the reoccurring conventions of opening scenes, so that I can ensure I include them in mine in order to make it as authentic as possible. I already think that I will want to work within the horror genre, but I will wait until I've looked at a variety of genres before I decide for sure.
Here are two of my favourite opening sequences:
'The Shining'
'The Silence of the Lambs'






Comments
Post a Comment